Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Busy, busy, busy

I know it's been a couple of weeks since I have really posted anything but we have been busy.  Seriously.

I started working earlier this month and we have been going ever since.  My first week of work was great but exhausting.  We had our monthly Holy Ghost Meetings so I had to get used to go from doing nothing for a month to being out for over 12 hours. It's been awesome though!  The first week of work included a black and white event.  Unfortunately, Sean and I didn't get a picture together but we had a great time with coworkers who are also church friends.

 Me, Aprile, & Ashley at the 2nd Annual End of Summer Affair at Clive Daniel.

 Holy Ghost meetings not only allow the adults to grow closer to God but KIDS are coming to know their Heavenly Father.  


Our church has been experiencing great things!  The building we have been occupying is now officially in our name!  This is huge deal for us!  We can now move forward with updating our facility, structurally, as well as spiritually.  This facility has had so much bondage.  God is starting to rebuild to this building and His people that attend our church. 

As Sean and I have gotten more involved with the church I have gotten more familiar with the people in the church.  It's starting to feel like a family to me.  I really enjoy that because that is what I had back in Birmingham.  I am so thankful that God brought us here to be with a church.  This move would have been much harder if we were not already connected and involved with a church.  If you are not used to having a family at church, I encourage you to get involved in a place that you like.  That also means you have to work at it and not just wait for the people to come to you.  My heart is growing for the people of Fort Myers.  My heart is growing for the city.  I firmly believe that you have to have the heart and passion for a city to change it. 

Another update will hopefully come sooner rather than later.  While writing this post, my mind has been all over the place so I hope I will be more focused for the next post!  Be blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment