Tuesday, February 18, 2014

You are worth more.

I read a twitter status yesterday by Jenn Johnson:

You are not what you wrestle with.

Since then, I have not stopped thinking about this statement.  I am guilty of judging people by their actions & behaviors at the present time.  I know to look at the heart rather than the outside but we all know that is easier said than done.  I feel like it's even harder to not hold some judgement to those that are in the church.  Especially, if the people in the church were not raised in the church.  It's also a great reminder for myself that even though I have hard times, I know that I am worth more and my God sees much more in me.

Sean and I have recently servicing our youth at Light.  Our Equip classes (aka Sunday School but only lasts for 10 weeks) started February 9th and the youth drama team started on Valentine's day.  We have loved it too!  We have partnered up with another couple whose heart is for teens & I have enjoyed every second getting to know them more & working along side them.  Our kids are dealing with some heavy stuff & it's important to encourage them that God truly loves them.  These kids are smart & I can't wait to challenge them more on what they think on topics we discuss.

This past Sunday we introduced to them that is okay and important to learn to pray for each other.  God moved & I truly believe this is the start of some thing great.  I also believe that they will start to learn what it means to have a family of friends who they can count on.


No comments:

Post a Comment