Monday, December 11, 2017

30!

I've been 30 for almost 3 months now and I'm so behind on even sharing about it.

This year, I wanted an epic birthday.. who doesn't?  It's a milestone!  I'm joining the 30's club!  Anyways, not sure if I was going to have an epic birthday due to life, my amazing husband surprised me!  It wasn't a surprise for very long because I found out about it but I was so excited!

My birthday present from him and my family was a trip to New York.  I finally got to see the family lake house in Schroon Lake.  I've been waiting to go there since we have been together.

Schroon Lake, NY
This view is gorgeous!

It's a beautiful place and I can't wait to visit there again!  It brought back so many memories when I used to go to Mentone, AL every year in the fall.  I love the mountains.  I love creation.  One of my favorite things to do is just sit outside and listen to nature.  I love listening to the wind blow through the trees and the birds sing.  

One of the main reasons we went to New York is for this: Revolution Rail Co.
I saw this cool thing called rail biking on Facebook and shared it with my husband.  Once he figured out that it's in the Adirondacks, that's when he decided to plan my birthday trip.  This place is awesome and I cannot wait to do it again.

Basically, you bike along the Hudson River for about 3 miles.  Then you get to take a break and play in the river (if you so desire).  It's a beautiful place and we really enjoyed being able to play along the rocks for a little bit before heading back.    Here are a few pics from our time there.  The best part about doing this is that two days later we were rafting down the Hudson under that bridge!







On my actual birthday, we took it easy that morning before we went exploring.  I got to see the quaint town of Schroon Lake.  It's an adorable town with some good shops and restaurants.  It reminded me of Gilmore Girls for sure!

Schroon Lake, NY

Schroon Lake, NY

We ended the adventure of upstate NY with white water rafting with the Adirondack Rafting Outfitters.  Y'all, this company is amazing.  The guides are nice, very knowledgeable about the area and wild life there.  Most of the guides have been doing this for over 10 years and have a background in forestry or other water rafting.  Our particular guide was friendly and has been in forestry for over 30 years.  So, he definitely knows his stuff! It was an amazing experience to go down the Hudson River for 17 miles!  It doesn't feel like you have rafted 17 miles, although, you will have a great night's sleep afterwards! 

My favorite part of visiting upstate NY is seeing the family lake house and hearing all the stories of how my husband's family has done fixing up the place.  I also enjoy seeing the photos his grandmother has of the family.  It's a beautiful thing.

The last few days of our trip was spent in the city.  His uncle took us on a little tour of places we wanted to see.  We went to Chinatown, which is my favorite!  I finally had some authentic Chinese food that I had been craving since my last visit home.  We had a great time visiting with his aunt and uncle and exploring. 


Central Park

I definitely thought of 27 Dresses when I saw that house on the lake. Ha!

Leaving NYC - on the plane


No comments:

Post a Comment