Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Florida Christmas

This Christmas was different for both of us.  Our original plans were to spend it with Sean's family since it is his year for the holidays.  His family didn't do anything big this year so we were kind of at a loss of what to do.  As Christmas got closer, my mom wanted to come down and be with us.  Then we found out his parents were coming down too!  So our plans changed that were able to see our family.  Sean's parents came down the weekend before Christmas Day and spent the night with us.  They were able to visit our church and attend the Candlelight service.  On that Monday, Sean & I picked up my mom at the Tampa airport and then we drove to see Sean's grandparents for Christmas dinner.  We had a great time that night and I know Sean loved seeing his family.  We didn't get to spend Christmas Day with his family since Sean had to work Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas.  My mom stayed with us for the whole week of Christmas and I loved every minute of it.  It was hard to believe that it's been 3 months since I had seen my mom!  We didn't do much this Christmas but I think it was a good thing since we are trying to save money.

The one thing we did do was go see a couple of movies..  One request my mom wanted to see was FROZEN.  If you know my mom this is a big deal!  So we went to see it on Christmas Eve.  We loved it!  It reminded me of Wicked.  There was more music in the movie than we thought but I love musicals so I have no problem with that.  I realized Idina Menzel was the voice of Elsa half way through the movie and I got really excited.  I love her voice.  Kristen Bell plays Anna and I am a fan of her acting as well.  Can't wait to see The Veronica Mars Movie

Christmas Day, Sean and I saw Tyler Perry's Madea Christmas.  It was hilarious like all of the Madea movies.  We recommend it to everyone.  We didn't have a traditional Christmas meal since it was the three of us but we did have steak & some yummy broccoli that Sean and I made.  Sean's parents had to drive back to Louisiana on Christmas Day to be back at work. 

We made some eggrolls while my mom was here.  They are delicious as always! 

Even though this Christmas was different, I really enjoyed it.  The best part about this whole thing is that I got to spend it with my husband and our family.  Gifts were not our focus and I LOVED that.  We did receive gifts and we got to give a few to our loved ones but in the end nothing is better than spending time with those you love. 

The next post will have the photos of this Christmas season for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment