Friday, April 18, 2014

Tale of Three Trees

On Palm Sunday, our kids did their first musical, A Tale of Three Trees.  They did an amazing job too!  They learned all the songs, motions, & speaking parts in about 4 weeks!  I have never seen kids so genuinely excited for a musical.  I grew up in doing kids' musicals at my church and I also helped with some too and I have never this much excitement as these kids.  They loved it so much that they wanted to start working on the next one!  There are not many kids at our church at the moment but these kids can sing too!  When I was in the musicals, we always had the back up voices but these kids knew their words and sang.  It was so refreshing and so much fun watching them.  Sean and I helped with the lighting and I got stuck doing the spotlight...  I have no experience with that either.  haha.  But I did enjoy it and it was more fun that I got to do it for the kids at the church.  These kids are absolutely amazing and full of so much joy.  I think I am just as excited for the next one as they are!!  Here are some pictures from the play.

Me practicing with the spotlight.
All the kids performing.



After the play, Pastor Tommie spoke a little bit.  At the end he started to encourage everyone (including the kids) to worship together.  The best part is seeing the kids participate in worship.  They may not understand everything we talk about yet but they do know how to be respectful to their elders and engage in worship.  The Holy Spirit is known to our children.  I absolutely love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment